Here is a Molecular Devices QPix 460 Microbial Colony Picker Qpix 400 Series
New system is around $200K
This Molecular Devices QPix 460 Colony Picker is in good working order. Excellent Condition, looks barely used.
Please see the exact video and photos below.
Testing we performed:
The Molecular Devices QPix 460 Colony Picker passed following tests:
Tested communication with software: PASSED
Tested picking head movement: PASSED
System as configured now is trying to reach out to another networked machine to finish loading sequence. That computer has not been released to us, since it contained confidential data.
The instrument itself was fully functional prior to professional deinstall for relocation. With above mentioned, please expect that you will need Molecular Devices assistance to place into service.
System consists of:
Molecular Devices QPix 460 Colony Picker
Fully pneumatic, multi-channel 96-pin picking head, Aspiration volume 10-130uL
Up to 140 low profile plates, 70 per stacker lane, maximum 2 stackers
Range of organism-specific pin types
Desktop PC running QPix software (with monitor, keyboard, mouse)
Communication and power cables.
Configuration and Setup:
Robotic Arm: fully pneumatic picking head 96- and 384-pin
Channels: pick up to 3,000 colonies/hour in white light and up to 2,000 colonies/hour in fluorescent light with > 98% picking efficiency
(fluorescence capability can be added as an extra option by molecular devices)
Volume: up to 140 low profile plates, 70 per stacker lane, maximum 2 stackers (included)
Applications: such as protein engineering, protein evolution, directed or enzyme evolution, protein expression, transformation and sub-clone management.
The video starts off with the entire Molecular Devices QPix 460 Colony Picker.
The camera then closes in to all the buttons, then are shown the inside of the Molecular Devices QPix 460 Colony Picker as well as the robotic arm.
You then see the computer and are shown the robotic arm moving. We then span back out to the entire Molecular Devices QPix 460 Colony Picker.
Then your shown the back of the Molecular Devices QPix 460 Colony Picker and then the side where you see the communication connections as well as the power and air connections and serial tags.
And then back to the front of the Molecular Devices QPix 460 Colony Picker.
This will ship via freight. Please contact us with your zip code to obtain shipping quote.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Here we are showing you our standard packing process
1. All items are different, but they all follow the same principle when packaging.
2. Start with a well-constructed crate
A well-constructed crate would consist of 1/2” to 5/8” Plywood with framing. We generally purchase our crates from a third party who specializes in custom crates.
3. You always want the Instrument to not be directly on the wood deck of the crate. This is done by placing it on foam, inside of the crate. We use 2” 1.7 lb. density foam which works great. It provides cushioning and enough firmness to support the Instrument.
4. The next step is to make sure there is nothing on the deck of the Instrument and the Head/ Arm is secured. In some cases there will be multiple arms to secure but for this example there is only one. The reason for this is so there is no free movement during transit which could cause serious damage to the Instrument.
5. The next step is to make sure your Instrument is covered in either a pallet bag or shrink wrap so no dust or foreign object will get into the crate.
6. The next step is to secure the instrument inside the crate by bracing. We use a method of 2x4’s which have 1” foam shrink wrapped to them so no piece of wood touches the actual instrument.
7. Final step is to photograph everything inside the crate and then seal it with screws.
All equipment warranty request must have a support case opened within the 60-day Domestic USA and 30-day International warranty period.
To open a support case, please send an email to [email protected] or call (508)974-4896.
Please provide your name, contact information, quotation/invoice number and a brief description of the issue that you are experiencing.
Phone and/or Email support will be provided prior to scheduling a return.
Please see the link below for our detailed warranty statement.
Customers must retain all original shipping materials during the warranty period.